Slash Biography, The Legendary Guitarist From Suburban London

Saul Hudson (born in Hampstead, a suburb of London, July 23, 1965, age 46 years), more commonly known as a stage name Slash, is an English-American guitarist. Slash is the former lead guitarist of Guns N 'Roses and current Velvet Revolver as a lead guitarist.


Biography


Early life
Slash was born in Hampstead, a suburb of London. Slash's father came from England, while his mother was African-American keturununan. Slash mother, Ola Hudsons, was a clothing designer who worked for David Bowie, and his father was an artist who contributed live ensembles for famous musicians including Neil Young and Joni Mitchell.



Slash dbesarkan in the city of Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire, until he was 11 years old when his parents moved his family to Los Angeles, California in mid-1970. But then Slash parents split up, and after that, Slash lives with her mother and David Geffen. He was nicknamed "Slash" by family friend Seymour Cassel. At the age of 16, before he was expelled from school Crespi Carmelite, Slash is given his first guitar by his grandmother. Guitar that only had one piece of rope (string). He spends every day to practice. Finally, focus entirely on music at stake and he made the decision to quit school. In Rolling Stone magazine article, he said:


"My big awakening happened when I was fourteen. I'd been Trying to get into this older girl's pants for a while, and she finally let me come over to her house. We hung out, smoked some pot and Listened to Aerosmith's Rocks. It hit me like a fucking ton of bricks. I sat there listening to it over and over, and totally blew off this girl. I remember riding my bike back to my grandma's house knowing That my life had changed. Now I Identified with something. "


(The resurrection of my place when I was fourteen years old. I've tried to enter a pair of the older girls for a moment, and he finally let me come to his house. We muck, suck a few sticks and listening to Aerosmith, Rocks. It hit me like a ton of bricks falling. I sat there listening to over and over again and totally rule out this girl. I remember riding my bike back to grandma's house where I knew then my life has changed. Now I can understand something.)


Aside from Aerosmith, Slash's early influences included AC / DC, Alice Cooper, Black Sabbath, Jeff Beck, Eric Clapton, Iron Maiden, Rory Gallagher, Jimi Hendrix, David Bowie, Led Zeppelin, Queen, Rolling Stone, Thin Lizzy, Van Halen and Festival of Weeks. In 1983, after failing to join Poison with childhood friend Steven Adler, they together formed Road Crew. Slash place an ad in a newspaper for a bassist, and after that he received a response from Duff McKagan. When Road Crew disbanded, Slash joined a local band, Black Sheep. Headed by Willie Bass, the band shared an agent with another band, known as Hollywood Rose. In 1984, the band opened for Christian metal band Stryper. After the show, Slash and lead singer Axl Rose were introduced to each other by a friend. The two quickly became friends, and after a few months, Slash and Steven Adler were invited to join with Axl Rose, Duff McKagan and Izzy Stradlin as the band, Guns N Roses.

Leave a Reply